Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Adding changes to Lisbon AFTER voting Yes?

So, let's get this straight, it's the same Treaty. They promise to fix it, AFTER we vote.

Wow, the best 'election promise' yet. I must try this scam meself.

I have a car to sell, I bring it to you, you look at it, and say no thanks.

A short time later,I come back uninvited with the same car. I'm not happy you said no, and the other guys in the car dealership are giving me a hard time. So here I am, with the same car, right down to the fluffy dice.

- Ah, go on buy it.
"But there's things wrong with it" You tell me.
- I'll fix them sure I will.
"Okay, go on fix them".
- Ah, just buy it first, and I'll fix it later.
"and is it in the contract of sale that you would fix them later?"
- Ah, no. Trust me. I'm a salesman. I wouldn't lie.

Wouldn't your reply be along the lines of
"Exactly how thick do you think I am? Get out, take your dodgy car. I don't want to see it again" ?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,

    Good to see you're blogging.

    You're perfectly correct about this; the second referendum is a farce.

    On top of the disdain it shows for democracy, and even if there were changes to the treaty BEFORE we vote on it (!) can you see what it tells us about the government? It tells us they are willing to sell us out on anything (unless we stop them from doing so, in which case, they'll add minor modifications (but only minor ones) and have another go).

    It reminds me of that wonderful phrase from Beckett - "if at first you fail, get up and try again, and fail again, but this time, fail better". (That's off the top of my head and may be more of a paraphrase than a quote).

    Regards,
    Mark C

    ReplyDelete